Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Traces of Spring Beauty



It is so hard to stay glum during spring. The world is awaking and I am in bliss. I've been living in such a fairy world of late with stories and books and flowers. 
Every detail of Spring makes me happy. 
The smiling sun. 
The tender warmth. 
The tiny creatures. 
And yes, 
of course,
 the flowers. 


Which reminds me, I had such a glorious thought the other day. Here I was surrounded by the colors in nature. Then: the what if idea hit. 

What if in the new Heavens and the New Earth there are more colors? 


Maybe the colors we see aren't the only colors. Maybe other colors exist that we have no idea about. Maybe there is a whole other color wheel? 
Isn't that just a crazy idea?


Sounds like the type of idea that starts a novel. 


I used to always think about ideas for novels but I had to train myself to turn that side of my brain off. Whenever I'd be in the middle of a good novel I'd think of a better idea. The chain went on and I never finished any novel at all.
So that is why I had to train myself not to think. 


It is a lot easier training yourself to think than training yourself not to. Trust me. 


Well, now that I've spilled out some of my crazy thoughts, I really was simply just planning on sharing these pictures because they are pretty not because I had much to say. 
Enjoy the blooming Spring!


~storyteller





4 comments:

  1. I Iove this post! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girly! Somehow I missed replying to this comment. Oooops.

      Delete
  2. Dear Madeline,

    I just found your blog and I'm so happy I did. Your words and pictures are beautiful! The blossoms have been SO lovely this spring, haven't they? I could just stare at the flowering trees all day. <3 Wow, a whole other color wheel? Gosh, I like that idea. "I used to always think about ideas for novels but I had to train myself to turn that side of my brain off. Whenever I'd be in the middle of a good novel I'd think of a better idea. The chain went on and I never finished any novel at all. So that is why I had to train myself not to think." < I LITERALLY CANNOT TELL YOU HOW MUCH I CAN RELATE TO THIS. Like.. ohhhmyGOSH. Story of my life. Keep writing, dreaming, being who you are. It's awesome.

    love,
    abbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abbie,

      Isn't it so cool how we can just stumble across blogs and feel like were stumbling upon souls. I am SO HAPPY you found mine.
      Oooo, and how you quoted me. It gives a writer such a thrill to see her words quoted.
      Thank you so much for this encouragement. I literally read this to my sister and we were both squealing because it was so sweet and so ENCOURAGING.
      Beware, I'm definitely coming your way. Now I want to check your blog out.

      <3 storyteller

      Delete