Tuesday, July 28, 2015

L O S T ~ L O V E





||  l o v e  ||


Where is love these days? 

We call it a click...attraction,
 being cool with eachother. 

Isn't there more than that?
 Isn't love bending down to wash another's feet? 
Isn't love stopping to see the unodicable? 
Isn't love another word for sacrifice?
 Or is that just my misinterpretation? 

All I know is 
if love is just finding someone who clicks, who's cool, 
or who's cute, 
than I don't want it. 

I want the love that means something...something more than being popular. 
I want to be exepted for my crazy self. 
I want respect and compassion.
 I want sweetness to be strength,
 not weakness.
 Is that even allowed?
 I want to be loved unconditionally...not because someone mistook me for being cute.
 I don't want love that is adorable... 
I want a love that is strong.
 Does that even exist anymore? 

I used to think it did, but sometime I look around and can't find it.

I'm an old soul...I apologize for that...but I am, 
and I cringe inside whenever I see that word,

l o v e 

thrown around like garbage. 

If love is what they say it is, than it is garbage...but there must be more. 

God once said He was love. 

 If the creator of the universe is love,
 this thing has got to be pretty special. 

Where is that love? 
That love that brought the creator to give up His own son for me, for you.
You'd think we'd find some of that kind of love reflected in His people, 
but sometimes...
sometimes I don't, 
and it makes me sad. 
I guess that's what sin does. 
It twists love into something stupid, and I hate that. 


<3 storyteller

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha, I didn't mean this as poetry, but I'll except that as a compliment. Thank you girlie!

      Delete
  2. Love sometimes is not where you think it is. I was so surprised at how much I loved Bryson, how my life revolved around him and his comfort, how much I was willing to give so that he could live longer, and how I miss him. I never enjoyed being away from him for very long. I always looked forward to coming home to him. I think I learned unconditional love when I became a mom so sometimes just getting older and having more experiences helps you know love, as you have found from babysitting. But you have the words to express it all and so many people don't have that. You know more about love than you know that you know. Love can be disappointing, and as you say, we live in an imperfect world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Words of wisdom! Thank you, I miss you already. I think of you. I love you!

      Delete